Richwood Place Civic Association General Meeting
January 11, 2011 7 p.m.
- 2011 Dues
- 2011 Officers, Committee Chairs, Committee Members and Counselors
- Vice President
- Deed Restriction Committee
- Safety/Security Commmittee
- Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Committee
- 2 Counselors
- Street Sign Toppers
- Deed Restriction Update
- Security/Neighborhood Protection Update
- Treasurer’s Report
- Next RPCA Meeting Date
Daniel Baker, Vice President, called the meeting to order
Vice President: Daniel Baker
Treasurer: Larry Wood
Regrets given from Laura Mullen who was unable to attend due to a family illness
Discussion Item 1: 2011 Dues
All members requested to pay dues. Click here for information.
Discussion Item 2: 2011 Officers Committee Chairs, Committee Members and Counselors
The following individuals were nominated:
- President – Laura Mullen and Rebekah El-Hakam
- Vice President – Daniel Baker
- Treasurer – Sue Bailey
- Secretary – Andy Stefaniak
- Deed Restriction Committee Chair – Brian Kilpatrick
- Safety/Security Committee Chair – Larry Wood
- CIP Committee Chair – Daniel Baker
- Counselors (2 available) – John Geiss and Brian Trudeau
All uncontested positions were unanimously approved. An election was required for President, however, there was concern the current President was not in attendance due to family illness. The Vice President held a vote to determine whether or not to proceed and the majority (9 to 6) was in favor of continuing the vote for President as scheduled. The vote was held and Rebekah held the majority (10 to 5).
New committee volunteers included:
- Deed Restriction Committee – Raymond Eich
- Safety/Security Committee – Sue Bailey
- CIP Committee – Brian Kilpatrick, Cliff Helmcamp, Moustapha El-Hakam and Judy Clark
Discussion Item 3: Street Sign Toppers
Cliff Helmcamp presented the proposed design created by Jerry Jeanmard. Detailed information and cost break down will be presented at the next meeting for final vote. Sponsors are requested to help cover the cost.
Discussion Item 4: Deed Restriction Update
Rebekah El-Hakam stated there were no updates since the last meeting.
Discussion Item 5: Security/Neighborhood Protection Update
Larry Wood will forward an email recently received from Officer Pate.
Concern was raised over two recent incidents of people ringing doorbells asking for money. Residents are reminded to call the police regarding any suspicious activity. It was noted a home was entered by a stranger recently at the corner of Hazard and Norfolk while the homeowner was in the front yard.
Concerns were raised about the apartment complex on Richmond. The Security Committee agreed to an action item to try to improve the situation. It was suggested the Security Committee request help from the City Inspector or City Council.
Discussion Item 6: Treasurer’s Report
Larry Wood provided an update at the meeting and will be happy to provide further information to members if requested.
Larry will send a reminder to members to pay their 2011 dues.
Discussion Item 7: Next RPCA Meeting Date
The next meeting date is scheduled for Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 7p.m.